Wednesday 13 October 2010

Here goes nothing

OK. I'm trying to get into my writing so I've decided to write a blog as often as I can in the hope that it'll inspire me to get cracking with my work. It's also a great way of finding something to when I should be doing other stuff, so here are my general ramblings for today

Will I have a job at the end of the month?
It's a good question I hear you say........... Oh, you didn't. We're going through difficult times at the moment, the recession is biting hard, unemployment is circling like a vulture waiting to swoop down and strip the bones of your pride but those of us in employment should count ourselves lucky. After all, any job is better than no job at all. My contract is coming to an end at my work and I've applied to move to another area within the company. It's currently the 13th October and my contract is up on the 31st. My boss knows whether or not I've got a job so you would have thought it would be common curtesy to tell me what she knows. Apparently, common curtesy doesn't stretch to the ranks of management. All I want is a simple yes or no so I know where to stand but even that is too much to ask. I'm currently being treated like a mushroom- being kept in the dark and fed on s**t. Which is ironic really as I hate mushrooms. Will I still be employed come November? I'll let you know when I find out
___________________________________________________________________________________
Smoothie smoothie in my gut
You make me feel healthy, but
Will you help me shrink my waist?
Or should I give up peanut paste?

_________________________________________________________________________________
I should have had a casting for Crimewatch today. I had my orders- Report to BBC Manchester at 2.30pm. You will be contact once there where your suitability will be calculated by a man with a clipboard and quite possibly a funky hairstyle which he saw on X Factor and therefore is cool. It felt like a secret mission; I felt like like James Bond going into M's office to be told my latest mission. Would I accept? Is the old man still up for it? Would I go into the hallowed corridors of televisual powers and come out with the kickstart my acting career needed? Crimewatch today, Casualty tomorrow, a drama with Benedict Cumberbatch after that and then the bright lights of Hollywood and film opposite Helen Mirren  and Samuel L Jackson

No

The BBC decided that they didn't want to even see me. Epic fail at the first hurdle.

Just about sums up my relationship with the Beeb so far.

___________________________________________________________________________________

The gardens calling. Best get cracking. Got the 20 week pregnancy scan on friday (well, Shell has, I'm just going along for support)

Here's hoping it'll be all OK

I'll leave you with this thought......................................................

Sorry, can't you read my mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment